Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Struggling With Finding the Time to Write

This week is going to be a real challenge for me in terms of accomplishing my goals of writing for 38 hours. Monday was a washout due to not sleeping hardly at all the night before, and the wake. Then yesterday I was only able to work for 3.5 hours due to a car appointment and doctor's appointment plus I had spent some time with my daughter. I was pretty shocked and dismayed when I actually totaled up the hours I had spent writing and it only came to 1/2 the seven hours I had originally planned for the day. The good news is that after 8 days on WebAnswers, I finally hit my 50 questions needed to monetize on that site just this morning. I should now be earning from there, and I was able to monetize here too this morning as well. Today is a banner day for getting things moving. Good thing too because tomorrow, my husband and I are leaving for a short 4 day vacation in the Berkshires of Massachusetts. We are going to 3 concerts at Tanglewood. We try to go every year to listen to classical music and have a picnic. We were not able to go at all last summer, and my husband loves this event so this year we were determined to make it. Here's a view from the grounds of Tanglewood in the Massachusetts Berkshire Mountains...
This is good for the 2 of us in terms of spending quality time together, but bad for my writing schedule. I will be able to use the experience for more inspiration for writing more articles on HubPages, and for writing in my blog about second marriage romance. But I don't think I will be able to write for 7 hours per day while we are away. Does that mean I will be missing 28 hours this week? Well, not exactly. I will bring my computer and probably write a bit at night before bed. But it does not bode well for a productive week since I am off to a slow start. How do people who work from home manage to keep up with their schedule when life intervenes? It's not like a regular job where you can take a paid vacation and not worry about putting in your 35 - 40 hours. When you work for yourself, if you don't work, you don't get paid. Yikes, this is definitely scary, but I am hoping that within a few more weeks I will be able to figure it all out and keep a regular schedule. If not, I won't be seeing any money from my summer of writing, and that will be heartbreaking for me. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment