Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Adventure in Writing

I am a writer for the HubPages website and recently published an article ( or hub as they call them) about my summer of writing. I wrote this article as a challenge to myself. Having wanted to be a writer since I was 10 years old, I never got up the nerve to actually write anything for the world to see until I was 51 years old. 51 years old…let me repeat that. That was a very long time to wait. But once I found the HubPages website, I have been writing nonstop for 17 months! This will be the Summer I attempt to write full time to see if I can really make a living at my chosen profession. I am a social worker by training, but writing has been my passion since I was young. People told me I couldn’t make a living as a writer, and I foolishly believed them. This blog will be an account, sometimes daily, and sometimes weekly, of my struggle to follow my dream. I did not call this blog “My Summer of Writing” because for one thing, that’s the name of my article on Hubpages, and for a second thing, I am hoping that this experiment will be so successful, that my season will end up stretching over many years. And so, here I go…I am off to explore my chances of writing for a living, starting in this last week of June, 2013. Feel free to come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment