Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Freelance Writing Job For July!

Shortly after I wrote the previous entry, a friend of mine that I have been doing some freelance work for every quarter called me. She has work for me for 2 days a week for the month of July! I am beyond thrilled and have already worked 2 weeks for her. I go up one day, interview people, take photos, write and submit the work to her for approval, then it goes to a different person they have on staff and she posts it where it needs to go...website, Facebook, etc. I was worried about where I would get money from to pay my daughter's tuition once the substitute teaching job ended for the summer, and then this dropped into my lap. It has been a Godsend...and I truly mean its been sent from God! It takes me about 2.5 hours to get there, and I drive the same 2.5 hours back again the next day. But I am getting good pay and great experience for future writing assignments. I am hoping that when my husband and I move, I will be able to pick up some freelance writing jobs in that state. Part of this work includes taking pictures of the staff and clients. I am much more attuned to my camera and am honing my photography skills, and since this takes place in the Berkshire mountains in Massachusetts, I have seen some amazingly beautiful sites and try to never miss an opportunity to capture them with my camera. Life is good for this writer/photographer right now.

I am including some pictures of the beautiful sights I have seen since I have started this freelance work below.

No comments:

Post a Comment